I bought these Sandwich grey linen trousers in the charity shop last week for £3.75 and they look brand new! I remember admiring these in one of my favourite boutiques in Ashbourne not so many years ago. These were a little on the big side, so here is how I took them in:
1. & 2. These have already got side seams in the waistband, so that should make things easy, I got started with my quick-un-pick undoing the side seams and the waistband.
3. After pressing the edges, I pinned and stitched the waistband back on.
4. I top stitched the rest of the waistband back together. I was then left with just a side seam to complete.
5. I pinned from the outside to try the trousers on again.
I measured the amount to be taken in, this was 1cm at the waist (from the original seam) tapering to nothing 17cm down.
6. Then turning back out the wrong way I tacked the seam. I tried them on again, just to make sure. Then stitched the seam again.
Then I needed to undo more of the old side seam.
7. With the side seam pressed open I zig zagged to neaten the raw edges.
8. Then trimmed close to the stitching. To keep it flat, I stitched over the seam along the top stitching on the outside.
I then I had to hem them too. Rather pleased with the result, they will fit into my capsule wardrobe perfectly, I’ll just take the black linen trousers out for now. They will go with all my white tops, and navy long sleeve tee, pink jacket, navy jacket, leather jacket, grey cardi and the coral cardi.